Sitting in a pile of potential

Thursday, December 31, 2009


Tonight I found a special deal on Craigslist... a beautiful vanity from the 1940's for my little girl's room! I am so excited! It was only $40, and I paid the nice man an extra $10 to deliver it directly into my garage for me! Wow what a deal! I will be painting it an off white and I will also be painting her antique full-size bed that color as well, hopefully before she moves out of the crib and into her big girl bed fulltime! I think it's going to be great! See pictures below. Any suggestions on how or what I should use would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the Craigslist Ad:
This beautiful antique vanity belonged to my mother.
It sat in storage for a long time and has some cosmetic blemishes, but it is still in good structural shape.
It never got wet and the wood is not warped, cracked or damaged. It is a strong heavy piece.
This is old wood, oak and poplar with mortised joints, no plywood or staples used here. This was high quality furnture, probably built in the 40's.
The antique brass drawer pulls have surface rust on them, but they can be treated and painted or replaced quite easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment